Athletes of any age understand that even though they’re typically in great health, there are still medical issues that they can experience. The struggle in finding an effective treatment that doesn’t come with serious side effects that interfere with physical capabilities can definitely be daunting and difficult. Finding an all natural product with no side effects is usually a priority for athletes.
CBD Treatments for Athletes
The most common medical issues that affect athletes of all ages include:
- Asthma: Although more research needs to be conducted, early studies have shown indications that CBD treatments may relieve asthma. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD minimize the inflammation among asthma patients. More anxiety causes worsening bronchospasm, which causes more anxiety. The anti-anxiety effects of CBD treatments relaxes the mind as well, showing multiple points of alleviation for asthma sufferers.
- Exercise-associated muscle cramps: Renowned for its muscle relaxant properties, CBD treatments are shown to alleviate and prevent muscle cramps and spasms caused by exercise and high physical activity.
- Heart problems and rhythmic cardiovascular issues: Athlete’s hearts are prone to cardiovascular problems due to the high extremes they experience. Inflammation is often a result of heart adapting to the demands placed on it, which can lead to scarring, rhythmic cardiovascular issues, Phidippides cardiomyopathy, and more. CBD treatment supports cardiovascular health and alleviates inflammation sustained in the heart.
- Overtraining syndrome: Overtraining syndrome can occur in athletes that overly train without adequate rest and recovery. The symptoms can include fatigue, leg soreness, muscle and joint pain, insomnia, headaches, decreased appetite, depression, and more. CBD remedies treat all these symptoms, allowing athletes suffering from overtraining syndrome to properly eat, sleep, and recover while managing pain and soreness.
- Better overall health: When athletes exercise, their bodies produce a number of chemicals naturally. These chemicals include endorphins as well as Anandamide. Anandamide is classified as an endocannabinoid, a natural cannabinoid produced by the body. CBD treatments interact with a receptor called TRPV-1 which mediates pain perception, inflammation, and body temperature. CBD treatments also activate the Adenosine receptor which plays a large role in cardiovascular blood flow and function.
CBD Products for Athletes
Our disposable vape pen is perfect for asthma sufferers– a few puffs deliver immediate relief. Our CBD tinctures are great for muscle cramps, joint pain, and leg soreness– apply directly under the tongue or topically to problem areas. For more severe conditions like overtraining syndrome and cardiovascular issues, we recommend using our CBD tinctures and isolates. These concentrates can be incorporated into your meal preps or taken orally.
For more information regarding CBD products for athletes, please give us a call!
“Wellness is accomplished when mind, body, and spirit are remedied!”
The statements made regarding products listed on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. We do also suggest that you conduct your own research.
Return Policy For best results, we recommend trying CBD for 2 weeks to feel maximum benefits, but if you are unsatisfied with this product in any way we'll give you your money back. Guaranteed
All of our products are completely THC-free and are legal in all 50 states.