Parents of special needs children understand the challenge of finding viable treatments that don’t come with numerous side effects. With limited pharmaceutical options that often have serious side effects, parents of children with special needs are always looking for natural remedies that don’t detract from their children’s quality of life.
Special Needs Children
CBD Treatment Benefits for Special Needs Children:
CBD treatments have been shown to treat children with the following conditions:
- Pediatric Epilepsy: In 2013, it was discovered that concentrated extract from the Charlotte’s Web strain of the cannabis sativa plant could drastically reduce seizures caused by Dravet syndrome. CBD treatments have been shown to help reduce the number of seizures epileptic children experience and help parents manage these episodes better. The first FDA approved CBD treatment for seizures caused by Dravet syndrome was released in early 2018.
- Pediatric Cancers: Pediatric cancer is the leading cause of death by disease for American children. Children receive higher doses of chemotherapy for shorter durations than adults do, and the harsh nature of chemotherapy and radiation significantly damages the young, growing bodies of cancer survivors. CBD has been shown to improve red and white blood cell count as well as alleviate major symptoms caused by the disease itself as well as chemotherapy. Medical professionals don’t encourage parents to stop chemotherapy in exchange for CBD treatment, but many parents have claimed that CBD has cured their children’s leukemia and other cancers, and at the very least, has significantly reduced their symptoms.
- Autism: In a 2013 study published in Neuron that examined mice with autism-related mutations, these mice had deficits in endocannabinoid signaling. Endocannabinoids are compounds in CBD that the body creates naturally, which regulate mood, cognition, appetite, sleep, emotion, immune response, and reward seeking. Many parents have experienced success in treating their autistic children with oils and concentrates made from CBD.
- Motor disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and other disorders have recently been in the spotlight with CBD being used as a treatment option. The addition of CBD has been shown to reduce spasticity and stiffness associated with these disorders.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Malnutrition and inability to keep food down are the leading causes of death from this disease. CBD products act as an appetite stimulator in children with this disorder while preventing nausea and improving digestive and gastrointestinal health.
CBD Products for Special Needs Children
We offer three great products perfect for special needs children. Our CBD gummies are a delicious treat that offers all the healing benefits in an easy-to-administer form. Children love the flavors and colors, making our gummies a great way to give CBD to your special needs child. For higher dosages, our CBD tinctures and isolates are great for incorporating into your favorite recipe or our tincture can be dropped directly under your child’s tongue for immediate relief.
For more information regarding CBD products for your special needs child, please give us a call!
“Don’t like the hand you’ve got, shuffle.”
The statements made regarding products listed on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. We do also suggest that you conduct your own research.
Return Policy For best results, we recommend trying CBD for 2 weeks to feel maximum benefits, but if you are unsatisfied with this product in any way we'll give you your money back. Guaranteed
All of our products are completely THC-free and are legal in all 50 states.